Saturday, July 31, 2004

using metapost

I had a problem using metapost with my postscript previewer (gv).
It could not open the font file. It turns out that I found
a solution in the following email:

------------
Re: Metapost, GS and CMR10
Christof Schardt -- Fri, 30 Jun 2000 22:06:19 +0200 (MET DST)


Hi Kosta,

I meanwhile got a solution (thanks to Kenneth Hansen).
Very helpful are the descriptions contained in the
file CTAN/tex-archive/info/metafp.(ps/pdf).

Three steps were needed:

1. add this line to the beginning of the mp-file:
prologues:=2;

2. Edit the file Fontmap in the Ghostscript-Directory and add
this line:
/cmr10 (cmr10.pfb) ;

3. Copy cmr10.pfb to the fontfolder of ghostview
(I found it on my TexLive-CD)

Now Ghostview is able to show my mp-pictures. :-)

When typsetting more complicated labels, you might
repeat steps 2 and 3 for further fonts.
Just edit your EPS-file and read in the prologue,
what fonts are needed.

Next Problem will be to set up WinEDT for using
it for the mp-picture-development-cycle (see next mail)

Bye and thanks
Christof

No comments: